Houston was among the first members in the International Greeter Association and proudly shares core values with those 130+ cities.
International Greeter Association Core Values
- There is no charge to meet with a Greeter
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, it brings both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, create links between people thus creating a better world.