About the Greet:
The area to the East of Downtown Houston has so much arts and culture to offer a visitor to the area. Here is just a sampling of the things you might want to experience on your greet of East End Houston:
– Walking/ Skating/ Biking tour of colorful artists Murals that take up entire walls of buildings
– Walking/Skating/Biking/Running Brays Bayou on the Bayou Greenways Trail
– Paddling in Canoe/Kayak on Brays Bayou
– Enjoying a cold beverage at several craft breweries or beer gardens in the area (e.g., Eighth Wonder Brewery, Sigma Brewing Company, Moon Tower Inn)
– Catching a live music show at one of several unique East End Venues (e.g., Bohemeo’s, Satellite Bar, Wonky Power Records, Super Happy Fun Land, Arlo’s, D&W Lounge)
– Taking in some of the amazing Mexican food restaurants in the East End
– Surveying two working urban farms on Houston’s East side.
– Checking out working and active Makerspace (Friday Evening)
– Farmer’s Market on Sunday Morning on the Navigation Esplanade (Sunday Morning Only)
– Evening Artist Market on Navigation Esplanade (Certain Fridays Only)
We can customize the visit to Houston’s East End to fit your schedule, your interests, and abilities.
I am Amy. I have lived in Houston for over 16 years, and spent over 5 years on the East Side of Houston. I enjoy an active lifestyle riding bikes, skating, and walking in my neighborhood known as Houston's "East End." I encourage you to sign up for a greet to explore the depth of culture and history of this unique area in Houston that is easily accessed by Houston's METRO Green Line and only minutes from Downtown Houston.
Donate to Houston Greeters
If you like what Houston Greeters is doing, please support with a donation! Houston Greeters is 100% not-for-profit (501c3) and relies on the support of locals and visitors to make the program free and accessible to all who are interested.