Global Greeter Core Values
All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
1) Greeters are volunteers — friendly faces for those visiting a city/destination;
2) Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people;
3) Meeting a Greeter is free of charge;
4) All visitors and volunteers are welcomed without any kind of discrimination;
5) Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination;
6) Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, and create links between ordinary people to create a better world.